How To Make Firefox Give You A Warning Before You Close Multiple Tabs
Usually, Firefox will give a warning if you want to close the browser with multiple tabs opened. This saved my day a couple of times when I almost accidentally closed important tabs. But some days ago I accidentally unchecked the “Warn me when closing multiple tabs” checkbox. If you did that accidentally too, but if you actually want to get a warning before you close multiple tabs, in this short guide you will learn how to re-enable the warning. It’s pretty easy, so let’s take a look how to enable the warning again…
- Pay attention to the Firefox address bar.
- Type “about:config” without quotation marks into it and press enter.
- If you see a warning, press the button that you understand.
- Now a long list did pop up, but we pay attention to the search bar on top of it.
- Type “browser.tabs.warnOnClose” into the search bar to find that entry.
- Right-click on the “browser.tabs.warnOnClose” entry and click on “modify” to change it from “false” to “true”.
- You’re done here! From now on Firefox will warn you again if you attempt to close the browser with multiple tabs opened!
By the way, of course if you are here to learn how to disable the warning, you just need change the entry from “true” to “false” and from then on there will be no warning anymore if you try to close multiple tabs. I hope this short guide helped you. Happy internet browsing!