In this article you will learn how to limit the frame rate in Star Wars Battlefront. You could already limit the FPS in Electronic Arts games like Battlefield 4 or Battlefield Hardline and other previous titles. I won’t go into detail why you might want to limit the FPS in Star Wars Battlefront as well, I mentioned the reasons for FPS limitation already in the articles of the games I linked, check them out if you want to know more. In this article you will learn how to enable the FPS limit in Star Wars Battlefront, let’s take a look.
How To Limit The Frame Rate In Star Wars Battlefront
If you just want to test the FPS limit command once, here is what you can do:
- To limit the FPS, we first need to open the console with the tilde key (~).
- Use the command “gametime.maxvariablefps 61” without quotation marks and replace the number with a float value you want to use as FPS limit, and confirm the command with the return key.
- In my example the FPS would then be successfully limited and wouldn’t go above 61 frames per second.
However, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to limit the FPS with the console, because the commands you type into the console will only be active for the time the game is running, but once you restart the game, you will have to use the command again. A much better way is to activate the FPS limit permanently:
- Learn how to create a Battlefront config file and create your own. There is an example screenshot in my article that shows how you need to write the command into the file.
- Copy the command “gametime.maxvariablefps 61” without quotation mark into the file and save it correctly as mentioned in my configuration file tutorial.
- To disable the FPS limit, you just have to remove the line from the configuration file.
As said, if you want to read more about FPS limitations, check out my Battlefield 4 FPS limit article, and also check out the comments there where a lot of questions have been answered.
I hope my article helped you to understand how to limit the FPS in Star Wars Battlefront. Feel free to drop a comment, and if you have time, help me too and share the article. Have fun! Happy gaming!