How To Show A Small FPS Benchmark Display In Counter Strike Global Offensive
There are different ways to benchmark your FPS in Counter Strike Global Offensive. One way would be to enable the net_graph display that shows all kind of performance stats, including the FPS or your network latency. But if you just want to show a small FPS counter in the corner, there is another option and you will learn about it in this guide. Now let us take a look how we can enable a small FPS benchmark counter…
How To Show The FPS Counter
We can activate the FPS counter via developer console, that’s a great way if we only want to check the FPS for the time the game is running, which means if we restart the game, we will have to enable the console command again. As said, this is just fine if we don’t want to show the FPS counter permanently. Here is how this method works…
- Learn how to open the console in Global Offensive.
- Open the developer console and use the command “cl_showfps 1” without quotation marks.
- To disable the FPS counter, open the console again and use the command “cl_showfps 0” without quotation marks.
It might also be that you want to show the FPS counter permanently, and this is possible too. You can store the console command in a config file so that it will load with each start of the game. That means you don’t have to use the console command again and again. Let’s see how this works…
- Learn how to create a config file for CSGO.
- Put the command “cl_showfps 1” without quotation marks in a single line in your “autoexec.cfg” file and store it.
- In case you want to disable the FPS counter again, just remove the line or change “cl_showfps 1” to “cl_showfps 0” and save your file.
It depends on you if you prefer the “cl_showfps” counter or the “net_graph” display. I hope one of the ways is right for you and that my article was helpful. I am not all-wise, if you think you can add further information’s or if you know different methods, drop some words in the comment section below. Same counts if you have more article ideas or if you just want to discuss something related. I’d be happy if you share the guide in your gaming circles, this will greatly motivate me to write more gaming articles in the future. Happy gaming!