How To Display The FPS Overlay In Mass Effect Andromeda
Do you wonder with how much FPS you can run Mass Effect Andromeda? In many games it’s possible to enable a small display that will allow you to monitor your FPS, I wrote similar guides for other games, and with MEA you have that option too. In this guide you will learn how to show the FPS in Andromeda.
How To Show The FPS In Mass Effect Andromeda
The following method is very simple and the best way if we just want to show the FPS for the time until we exit the game.
- First open the Mass Effect Andromeda console with the tilde key (~).
- Now we have to type the command “perfoverlay.drawfps 1” into the console, without the quotation marks! Confirm the command with the return key.
- Done! You should see the FPS counter in one of the corners now!
How To Disable The FPS Display In Mass Effect Andromeda
- Get to the Mass Effect Andromeda console again with the tilde key (~).
- Type the console command “perfoverlay.drawfps 0” without the quotation marks and use the return key to confirm.
- Done! Just so that you know, the FPS overlay will also be disabled if we restart the game.
How To Show The FPS Permanently In Mass Effect Andromeda
- Learn how to save game settings with a “user.cfg”.
- Save the command “PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 1” in a separate line of your created “user.cfg” file.
- In case you want to disable the FPS display again, remove the command from the text file, or change the command to “PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 0”.
More Mass Effect Andromeda Tricks
- The full list of all Mass Effect Andromeda console commands
- How to open and use the console in Mass Effect Andromeda
- How to customize Mass Effect Andromeda settings with a config file
- How to limit the FPS in Mass Effect Andromeda
- How to hide the UI in Mass Effect Andromeda
I hope this guide helped to display the FPS in Mass Effect Andromeda. Use the method with the console if you don’t want to monitor your frame rate all the time, and use the method with the config file if you want to monitor your frame rate for a longer period. If you know more neat tricks, please share them in the comment section, because it might be helpful for other users too. Feel free to drop any related thoughts, or check out my other Mass Effect Andromeda articles. Otherwise, have a lot of fun!