This list will be mainly related to the WordPress.com community. This community is a great one. A powerful community with powerful tools. But there are also some people who seems not to understand that there can be behaviors that the majority of bloggers won´t accept. So, here is a list of ten behaviours that you better should not integrate in your daily blogging routine:
1. Instant liking of articles. To be honest, it is absolutely ok to like photo postings as soon as they are published if you primarily like the shown photo rather than the text but if you do instantly like a 500 or 1000 words long article without any photo as soon as the article is published, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
2. Instant following after someone did publish an article. To be honest, it is absolutely ok to follow other blogs of the community and connecting is just super cool but if you do that just a second after someone published a new article, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
3. Commenting with one or two words. Yes, it is absolutely ok to comment with one or two words if the article blasted you away that you just had the two words “Super cool!” in your mind but if you do this all the time, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
4. Commenting with a few words and a link to your blog. Right, it is absolutely ok to comment and to share your link, in case you link something interesting or related to the article but if you do it only to get attention and to spread your links all over, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
5. Place hundreds of trackback links under your article. Don´t worry, it is absolutely ok to place related links to other blogs under your article but if you do that only to get as most attention as possible, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
6. Avatars are great and fun and can personalize your appearance if you comment on other blogs but if your avatar contains nothing else than a highly visible URL of your blog, then remember most bloggers didn´t set their blogs up just to give you free advertising space. Be sure, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
7. Mass reblogging content of other blogs. Indeed, the reblog function is a great tool and reblogging with permission is often fair for all involved but if you have no own content and if you just reblog content of others in masses all the day, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
8. Yes placing links to other blogs and click them for a test is just ok, but if you do that with the intention to remove the link afterwards just to appear in the referrers section of the other blog owners statistics screen, be sure they might visit you once but never ever again because, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
9. If you have permission, it´s not a bad idea to reuse media files or small quotes of content from others, but if you only visit other blogs to steal content without permission and if you never give credits to the creator of the content, then be prepared to have a hard time in the community and you might even lose your blog because almost all people think this behaviour is extremely bad and, it will make you look like a dubious blogger.
10. If your only intention is to utilize the people of the community or to misuse the tools and functions of the blogging infrastructure, be sure that people won´t trust you and if you take this route it will be the difficult route, so don´t be like a dubious blogger.
Do you agree with all the points or do you disagree with some or all of the points? Do you have other ideas or any own experience? Feel free to drop a comment if you like.