Experimental Swan Photo
I like swan photos and above you can see one that I a while ago. However, there was so much wrong with the original image that I tried to fix all the issues. The image is heavily edited and I think the result is interesting. The main problem was that I had difficulties to make adjustments, because either the swan looked great or the water, but not both together. It was difficult to make everything look great together and I started to think that I have to make individual changes.
Lazy as I am, I made initial changes to the whole image and after that I started to use the adjustment brush in Lightroom to brighten the swan individually. I tried to make the water less apparent but the reflections more visible. I cropped the image until I was happy with the composition. At the end I was still not happy with the feather colours and decreased saturation. It’s experimental and lazy work but most of the time I don’t know what I am doing anyway. The swan is almost glowing now, maybe even a bit too much, and using the adjustment brush was messy, but I still think it looks interesting anyhow.